Monday, April 28, 2008

Rachel Brice - Bellydance Arms & Posture

Overall: Excellent!!
Duration: 1 hour of intense arm-oriented exercised and drills
Recommended: for everyday ass-whooping

This workout is primarily focused on arms, though there was a brief interlude of deadly levels practice. It goes from stretches to isolations to
breaking down choreography. All in all, its a really great workout, and her instruction is thoughtful and helpful. She really is a great teacher, and I think she's one of the best as far as DVD instruction goes.

That said, there is a VERY bizarre "interview" (I use the term loosely) of
her by Miles Copeland. She eventually gets around saying how the process of getting dressed is like a transformation, which is probably the only
intelligent thing on there. I blame Miles mainly - he is asking her super
dumb questions, like how much her bracelets weigh.

Also, I'm fairly certain her performance piece was over dubbed with different music. There is almost no correlation between her movements and the music (which was Beats Antique). I really question that this was some post production last minute decision, as she is much more musical than that piece conveys.

This DVD is so hard I find in intimidating, which is a rare and good thing. I really ought to do it every chance I get!

Available for purchase from The Indigo

No comments: